Friday 2 October 2009

Crying over £2

my boss keeps me a few minutes later than usual because she's stressed out. This means, if I'm going to make dinner, I have to run down the hill to the station.
When I get there, I run onto the platform through the gate by the carpark. I think I've missed my train as one is just pulling away from the platform but mine is a minute behind so I make it.
Relieved, I plonk myself down in a seat at the end of a carriage.
The ticket man comes by and I end my phone convesation to be polite. I start taking my money out and he asks, 'where to?'
I say; 'Redland, with a railcard.'
He says 'you can't use your railcard because you didn't buy the ticket before you got on the train.'
'Because I was running to catch it,' I say, 'I didn't have time.'
But he only repeats what he's just said.
'How much is it then? I ask.
'£5.90,' he replies.
I want to say, 'I split up with my boyfriend of four years yesterday, even though we still love each other and my boss kept me behind when I'd worked a nine hour day for near minimum wage FUCK YOU.' But I just say 'whatever,' push a tenner into his hand, wait for my ticket and change and stare out the window. Prick.

No comments:

Post a Comment