Tuesday 3 November 2009

The Crow

November 3rd

It started a few weeks ago. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed I was being followed. Followed by a large, black, beady-eyed raven. It has been pointed out that due to the small numbers of ravens around these parts, it might more likely be a crow. But I know it’s definitely a raven. If it’s a raven I can draw analogies to Edgar Allan Poe whose raven spelt doom. If it’s a crow I can only think of the darkness of The Crow: Stairway to Heaven – one of the most needlessly disturbing films I’ve seen, which really only provided a door to the twisted inner sadist workings of the writer’s mind. So it’s definitely a raven. At first it was perched atop a chimney top, watching. This went on for a few days. And then yesterday it was at my feet, staring up at me inquisitively poking around scanning the windows to my soul trying to convey its message. It beat its large wings and flew up in a flurry of jet feathers. I’ve not heard the message yet but know the beast will be back. I live in fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment