Sunday 1 November 2009

Halloween 2009

Creating a Posada Print Inspired/Day of the Dead Costume for Halloween




1. went to Artrageous. Bought face paint and feathers...(more expensive than you'd think)

















2. took hat bought at WOMAD a couple years back with
mud to prove it...
















3. Used old pages of Yellow Pages to cover hat with PVA/water mix.

4. Created 'feathers' from cereal box...covered with paper then realised I'd created what could be mistaken for a demnted origami turtle so rejected grand feathers (alright rejected feathers later after deciding they were a choking hazard)




























5. covered dried out hat with a layer of blue tissue
paper which I was pleased was incredibly cheap from
Romantica.















6. Painted flowers using ancient acrylics I found
in a shoebox. Can't remember those Art shoes...
I got a D in A-level art but this was not to deter
me.
Added far less grand feathers.
















Um, I tried it on?















7. Hey presto a week of hard labour later...












I was going to do a step by step face painting photoshoot but the frustration incurred from paining ones face in a hurry then having to walk friend's dog with friend dressed this way before we went out and dog nearly getting eaten by other dog whose owner said 'this has never happened before' meant I could not be arsed. Ho hum.
Compliments ranged from a guy in Bath (Green Park Tavern) dressed as something out of the Young Ones taking my photo while speaking Spanish at me and lifting his shirt to reveal a massive skull tattoo, to being called a whore and a man in the centre of Bristol. Ironic considering I was covered head to toe and many girs were almost totally uncovered. I HATE the centre of Bristol on a Saturday night. Who bred those people?
My eyes still have blue paint on them.

FIN





















No comments:

Post a Comment